Thursday, January 3, 2008

Dard-e-disco

When I first heard this song, I had dismissed it it as more more boring item number.

But then I heard it again and again on um teem TV channels and it started catching my fancy. And now I am a fan :) This one really takes the cake. The lyrics (by Javed Akhtar) and music (by Vishal Shekhar) and the rendering (by Sukhwinder Singh) ooze confidence. These guys seem to be enjoying every thing about the song.

The situation of the song in the movie (Om Shanti Om) is perfect. A handicapped hero (no hands, no legs, deaf, dumb and blind) has been ditched by his sweetheart. He needs to express is feelings in this situation. So how does he express the Dard (Pain)? Of course by doing a Dard-e-disco albeit in a dream sequence.

Kudos to all ppl involved in this song.

No comments: