Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Books Vs Movies

Had taken leave for a week just to relax. Had planned on watching movies and reading books.

Somehow I don't like watching movies too much. Not as much as reading books. Given a chance I end up reading rather than watching movies.

I think the problem is if a book is good I can read it at my own pace reflecting on what is read, taking my own time. The movie moves at its own pace. If you start thinking about some particular thing that was said or shown on screen you miss the next scene. Maybe I should only watch movies on DVD using the "Pause" button liberally :)

Also while reading a book, there is lot of room for imagination. As I read I can picture the scenes as I want. In a movie you see what ever the director shows you, its also limited by the emoting capabilities of the actors.

There are some movies I do like to watch. Movies that move at the pace I want like "The Insider", Or movies which do not have a deep underlying meaning anyway, they are just a visual treat like "The Italian Job".

Maybe I should just try watching some more movies till I find some more that I like.

No comments: